Sunday, November 11, 2012

Veteran's Day and Top 10 Days of the Year

A quick word about Veteran's Day. I want to thank all active and retired military people out there. I know that you hear this a lot this time of year and I am sure not so much any other time. Honestly, I think that sucks pretty hardcore. I try to say thank you to any soldier current or past that has help protect my freedoms. I would like to take a moment right now to thank my older brother. He served 4 years in the Army. Spent time in S. Korea as well as time in Operation Desert Storm. Next a personal thank you to my business partner and my friend Carl. A brilliant man who has walked away from his life to protect ours on foreign soil. Carl is and has been in Egypt for the last almost year. He was there during the Arab Spring uprising and works with the US National Guard to make Egypt safe for her people. I send a heart felt thank you out to Carl as well. Thank you buddy...see you in a couple months. For anyone who has been there and laid down their lives and especially those who have lost their lives in defense of this; of my country I am forever in your debt.

Next is a mixed bag of information.
Platypus: Um...was the architect drunk that day?
Koala Bears: They need saving
One Direction: OMCarrots!! how much longer will my girls be addicted to that?
New Jersey/New York: Stop fucking off and turn the lights on!
Larry King: Is he still alive?
King Tut: Is he still alive? I figure since they are approximately the same age it's a fair question.

Dreams:
Last night I had a doozey of a dream. I was caught in a job working for my current company and they decided I should go pull 3 months in Alaska. I was all for it and they didn't tell me what the job was. I figured we do cabling, what could be so bad about that. Boy, was I wrong! I spent days drilling safety holes underground so we could put wall hangers in and secure the wire we still had to pull. I was working with one of the guys I have worked with many times and some old guy who looked like a cross between Jerry Garcia (the late years) and a prospector. Man he was a dick. Anyway, about 2 weeks in as we are getting ready to go down the shaft yet again into the darkness and noises that accompany you underground, Nikki shows up. In her Chevy Cobolt just to say hi. She drove from Wisconsin to Alaska to say hi. She stayed for about 2 minutes and then headed back to Wisconsin (she had a class the next day). Strange right?

Top Ten Day's of the Year as per me!

10. Cinco De Mayo-A day to eat turkey and mayo on wheat bread.
9. Boxing Day-Right! Shall we box your ears? (all in a British accent since it is a British holiday)
8. Black Friday-On your marks, get set, SHOP!! Well, it better than Black Monday.
7. Columbus Day-In 1492 Columbus sailed the ocean blue...I think he would have preferred motor boats over what he had, but, he got the job done.
6. Independence Day-Woo-Hoo Fireworks, Demo Derby's and beer! Lots and Lots of BEER!!
5. New Year's Eve-The night you look at your life through beer-goggles and say I need to change! Then by the end of January your still the same person. It's ok, your among your own kind.
4. Christmas Eve-A wonderful time of year spent shopping in a panic and wrapping gifts until 3 am. You know who you are.
3. New Years Day-Happy HANGOVER! Ouch! Can you say that a little quieter?
2. Christmas-The day finally arrives and you rake in like a millionaire! Only problem is you still didn't get enough and that one thing you really wanted they didn't even get you. Life is so unfair! Through it all you even forget the real reason for the season...Jesus.
1. Halloween-Ghouls, goblins and free candy. What's wrong with that? Just don't take the candy from the guy in the van down by the river!

Until tomorrow...
Jaxion

No comments:

Post a Comment