Monday, November 12, 2012

Day 12

Today is November 12 2012 and also the 12th day for No Shave November. I have finally gotten over the itchy part of beard growth...However, I will see this through even though I am not a big facial hair guy, except for the 3 day growth because I am lazy and don't want to shave. I have been doing a picture timeline on Facebook so if you want a laugh go ahead and check it out. This is not a laughing matter though. the reason I am growing facial hair is to bring attention to male health issues. It is important gentlemen to get checked out every year. Go see your doctor and have him give you a once over, tune you up, change your oil. If your over 40 especially go see a doctor once a year. Over 50? A must. Get your colonoscopy, get those tests they could save your life. Also, men of al ages give yourself a self testicular exam every few months, any changes get it checked out...not to mention it doesn't feel so bad! Sorry, couldn't resist.

I watched THE WIZ a 1978 retelling of the wonderful Wizard of Oz. A series of books by L. Frank Baum. It's a story of a 24 year old school teacher (Diana Ross) who lives with her Aunt Em and Uncle Henry in New York City somewhere north of 125th Street. Thanksgiving evening (maybe it was Christmas) her dog Toto escapes the apartment and runs off into a blizzard. Dorthy (Ross) runs off after the dog. The snow picks up and then she is swept away by a snow tornado and whisked off to Oz. Which more resembles a graffiti cover playground somewhere in New York then say the beautiful world of the 1939 Wizard of Oz gave us. Much of what we know was there the Scarecrow (Micheal Jackson), The Tinman (Nipsy Russell) and the Cowardly Lion (Ted Ross) The Witch of the East; Evermean her sister the Wicked Witch of the West Evilene (Mabel King) and of course the Wizard (Richard Pryor). Plus all the additionals the munchkins, the flying monkeys and more. I could go through the plot but you know it.

I will say that when I finished watching it last night I was less than impressed. I enjoyed the music Disco/souly kind of stuff. Wonderful music. Then I reflected and this is why I don't write reviews immediately after seeing a movie. I then made a real in-depth thought...not all movies are made for me. I mean I am a white male. This was a black movie. That may sound racist, but, its not. This was made for black people during a time when they didn't feel like they could relate to the classic stories that we had grown up to. So it's not fair for me to really say if it is a good movie or not. I leave that to you loyal reader...if you want to watch I recommend you do, if you want to take a pass on this one I would understand.

Here is a quote to think about. I live by it, it might work for you.

"Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience." Samuel Clemens aka Mark Twain

Another quote that kind of describes my life is this.

We play games because we've seen the alternative and we know full well what happens to those of us who allow the threads of childhood to slip from our grasp. Their games go unplayed, dragons left unslain and whole worlds remain undiscovered as they resign themselves to a fate worse than any punishment imaginable: they become adults." Coyote: Massive Gamer Magazine

Again I appeal to you to follow this blog. I am aiming for 100 followers by March 31, 2013. We together can make it happen. If you enjoy this please keep reading and please take a second to follow me. I will also send out gifts when I hit 20, 40, 60, 80 and 100 followers. It will be a random draw from the pool of followers so the sooner you enter the better your odds of winning.

Until tomorrow...
Jaxion

No comments:

Post a Comment