Monday, November 5, 2012

November 5th

Guy Fawkes day...hmmm why do so many people in America feel a connection to this? It happened in London in 1605. How many people know the story behind it? I have seen the movie V is for Vendetta and it is so off base from the real thing. Guy Fawkes was a member of a Catholic group that was out to assassinate King James I. They wanted to restore a Catholic Monarch to the throne. It never happened on November 5th 1605 Guy Fawkes was caught guarding a stockpile of gun powder underneath the House of Lords. He was tried and sentenced to death. Guy being the great Christian he was (sarcasm) took his own life so as to not be hung and drawn and quartered.

Many people think that Guy Fawkes Day/Night (especially in America) is a peasantry celebration of Guy Fawkes. This it is not. It is actually a celebration of the failed plot ad the fact that King James I survived the plot on his life. They actually burn (in effigy) Guy Fawkes every year.

Read more here on the failed Gunpowder Plot   http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Guy_Fawkes and http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Guy_Fawkes_Night.

Next topic: NO SHAVE NOVEMBER. I have been 5 days without a razor. Not shaving my face or my head for 30 days. I am not getting to the itching part of beard growth. That said though I can deal with that for a few days. no shave is meant to bring awareness to men's health. So if your over 40 guys go get a prostrate exam. If your over 20 make sure to administer self testicular exams checking for anything that seems out of place. If you find something go see your doctor.

Kevin Smith is a story telling genius.
Albert Einstein is a real life genius.

I watched the Avengers again and I like it even more than the first time I saw it. It is a kick ass movie with great action and superb story telling. I am not a big comic book fan so I don't know about any of the plot holes or story misfires, but, I think it was done fantastically. I look forward to the next one.

That about does it for today. See you tomorrow.

Jaxion

1 comment: