Saturday, December 1, 2012

Serenity and Is it Real and More...

Today a friend started running a Serenity role-playing game. This is a game based on the cannon of the Firefly TV series and the Serenity movie. If your not familiar with the TV series or the movie I recommend that you give them a look, especially if your a sci-fi type. You can find them both on Netflix. The role-playing game is interesting, starting with the dice that are used. If your used to a D20 type game this game is similar, but, different. Dice used are the D2, D4, D6, D8, D10 and D12. There is no use for a D20. It is a point buy system, meaning you do not roll your attributes you purchase them at a level you want based on how many points you have available. I made a kind of "Jack of All Trades" character and was also put in a position of being a face of the party and the 1st mate. There is also another aspect to my character that is a little different for the heroes of most games. My character has a vindictive side. It will quiet possibly come to bear its ugly head on the group. I don't think it will destroy the party, but, it will make for a very intense game setting. I think it will be fun. I wish I could give you more, but, people I play with do read this blog and wouldn't want to give them all my secrets...would I Tom?

I have been watching a show lately called "Is It Real?" It was originally aired on the National Geographic channel. I watch it on netflix. They investigate a number of strange happenings. Things such as Bigfoot, the Loch Ness Monster, vampires, the Bermuda Triangle and many others. I like the series because they use science and believers and skeptics alike to look at stories and different aspects of the stories to get you thinking about what you believe and what is real. I say check this one out as well. It's worth it.

I am now the happy wearer of mutton-chops. That was the final winning vote from the blog, Facebook and Google+ poll. I think I might keep them longer than one month. I think they look sharp. I need very soon to run so I'll say goodnight for now.

Until Tomorrow...
Jaxion

No comments:

Post a Comment